What is the aim of an electrical installation condition report?
The five main aims of an electrical installation condition report are:
- Record the results of the inspection and testing to make sure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection (following any work needed to make it safe)
- Find any damage and wear and tear that might affect safety, and report it
- Find any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the IET Wiring Regulations
- Help find anything that may cause electric shocks and high temperatures
- Provide and important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for inspection testing in the future.
Types of condition report
In general, there are two types of domestic electrical installation condition report:
- Visual condition report - this does not include testing and is only suitable if the installation has been testing recently.
- Periodic inspection reports - this is what we would normally recommend, as it tests the installation and would find any hidden damage.